On 2018-04-28, 01:33 GMT, Greg Ewing wrote:
>> In my opinion, the largest failure of Python 3 is that we
>> failed to provide a smooth and *slow* transition from Python
>> 2 and Python 3.
>
> Although for some things, such as handling of non-ascii text, it's
> hard to see how a smooth transition *could* have been achieved.
> Is it a failure if we don't succeed in doing the impossible?

+1

My experience told me that by far the biggest problem in porting
M2Crypto was dealiing with complete mess which was whole
string/bytes confusioin in py2k. I don't see how it could be
overcame gradually.

Matěj
--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mc...@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were
real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from
Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha
Centauri.
    -- Douglas Adams