Hello all,

I have updated PEP 575 in response to some posts on this mailing list and to some discussions in person with the core Cython developers.
See https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0575/

The main differences with respect to the previous version are:

* "builtin_function" was renamed to "cfunction". Since we are changing the name anyway, "cfunction" looked like a better choice because the word "built-in" typically refers to things from the builtins module.

* defined_function now only defines an API (it must support all attributes that a Python function has) without specifying the implementation.

* The "Two-phase Implementation" proposal for better backwards compatibility has been expanded and now offers 100% backwards compatibility for the classes and for the inspect functions.

Jeroen.