On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 6:14 PM Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:
> But it's not enabled by default...  And there are reasons for that (see
> the manpage I quoted).

Uh, then if people want to use huge page, they need to enable it on system wide,
or add madvice in obmalloc.c.

> > In web applications, it's common to one Python worker process
> > use 50~100+ MiB RSS.  2MB arena seems reasonable for those
> > applications.
>
> Perhaps, but what is the problem you are trying to solve?  Do you have
> evidence that memory management of those 50-100 MB is costly?

I just meant we may be able to utilize THP if we provide large arena option.
In other words, *if* we provide configure option to increase arena & pool size,
2MB arena seems reasonable to me.  That's all I wanted to say here.

I didn't mean utilizing THP is the main motivation to increase arena size.
People who want to use huge page may have a problem to solve by huge page.
But I don't have it.

Regards,
--
Inada Naoki  <songofaca...@gmail.com>