On 2019-07-09, Inada Naoki wrote:
> So I tried to use LIKELY/UNLIKELY macro to teach compiler hot part.
> But I need to use
> "static inline" for pymalloc_alloc and pymalloc_free yet [1].

I think LIKELY/UNLIKELY is not helpful if you compile with LTO/PGO
enabled.  So, I would try that first.  Also, if you use relatively
small static functions that are defined before use (no forward
declarations), I have found that GCC is usually smart about inlining
them.  So, I don't think you should have to use "static inline"
rather than just "static".

Good work looking into this.  Should be some relatively easy
performance win.

Cheers,

  Neil