I was trying to start with the the intended behavior of the str class, then
move on to generalizing to other classes, because I think completing a single
example and *then* generalizing is an instructional style that's easier to
digest, whereas intermixing all of the examples at once can get confused (can I
call str.removeprefix(object(), 17)?). Is something missing that's not already
there in the following sentence in the PEP?

Although the methods on the immutable ``str`` and ``bytes`` types may make the
aforementioned optimization of returning the original object,
``bytearray.removeprefix()`` and ``bytearray.removesuffix()`` should always
return a copy, never the original object.

Best,
Dennis