On 10/05/2020 17:04, Brandt Bucher wrote:
I have pushed a second draft of PEP 618:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0618

Please let me know what you think – I'd love to hear any new
feedback that hasn't yet been addressed in the PEP!

I still don't buy your dismissal of the new function alternative.  In
particular:

It seems that a great deal of the motivation driving this alternative
is that zip_longest already exists in itertools. However, zip_longest
is really another beast entirely: it takes on the responsibility of filling in missing values, a problem neither of the other variants
even have.

But zip_equals() is also another beast entirely; it takes on the responsibility of raising an exception, a problem neither of the other variants even have.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd