On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 4:42 PM Rob Cliffe via Python-Dev <
python-dev@python.org> wrote:

> And since the PEP has Guido's authority behind it, I think
> it is likely that it will eventually be accepted pretty much as it was
> originally written.

This seems a bit unfair to Guido. He seems to put a lot of effort into
taking onboard feedback and I would prefer it if the community encouraged
long term contributors to keep contributing, rather than suggesting that
this was somehow problematic (of course new contributors are good too, as
are new-and-old contributors working together).

Full disclosure: I'm not a huge fan of this PEP myself -- it seems to add a
lot of new syntax to support a coding idiom that I consider an anti-pattern
-- but others seem to have raised similar points to mine, so I think my
point of view has already been fairly well represented in the discussion.