On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 7:23 AM Charalampos Stratakis <cstra...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> [...]

We did thank Stefan in the email for his technical contributions, but being
the primary contributor to a module in the stdlib should not give you
leeway to be mean to others compared to anyone else (nor should any
technical contributions for that matter). So I agree with Charalampos that
it's irrelevant.

> > I wouldn't say for sure, but I don't expect him to transmit patches
> > through a third party, now that the SC banned him for 12 months, and
> > that he publicly resigned (signalling that he has probably no intention
> > to try to come back).
> >
> > Do you think otherwise?  Or do you think there's someone else ready to
> > take up maintenance?  Are you volunteering for that?
>
> Does it really matter that much in regards to the specific context? If
> someone poses problematic behavior (as it seems, as I'm not familiar with
> any specifics here), maintenance of a module should be the last of the
> worries. There are many pieces in the stdlib which remain or have remained
> unmaintained for years. Maybe someone could pick up the pace, maybe not.

Another way to look at this is to realize that Stefan's behaviour may have
scared off people who would have been willing to contribute to the decimal
module. As Christian pointed out, there is already one instance of a
contributor who he felt needed to be followed up with to make sure they
were okay. As much as we know they could have become a major contributor to
'decimal' and this specific concern wouldn't even exist.

-Brett