>  I wouldn't worry about a small regression on a micro- or mini-benchmark
while the overall picture is
stable.

Absolutely, I agree is not something to *worry* but I think it makes sense
to investigate as
the possible fix may be trivial. Part of the reason I wanted to recompute
them was because
the micro-benchmarks published in the What's new of 3.9 were confusing a
lot of users that
were thinking if 3.9 was slower.