On 10/14/2020 9:16 AM, Pablo Galindo Salgado wrote:

You can check these benchmarks I am talking about by:

* Go here: https://speed.python.org/comparison/
* In the left bar, select "lto-pgo latest in branch '3.9'" and "lto-pgo latest in branch '3.8'"

At the moment, there are only results for 'speed-python', none for 'Broadwell-EP'. What do those terms mean?

If one leaves all 5 versions checked, they are mis-ordered 3.9, 3.7, 3.8, 3.6, master. The correct sequence, 3.6 to master, would be easier to read and interpret. Then pick colors to maximize contrast between adjacent bars.

* To better read the plot, I would recommend to select a "Normalization" to the 3.8 branch (this is in the top part of the page)

Or either end of whatever sequence one includes.

    and to check the "horizontal" checkbox.

Overall, there have been many substantial improvements since 3.6.

--
Terry Jan Reedy