----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nathaniel Smith" <n...@pobox.com>

That is correct, Software Collections allow that (I'm also one of the
maintainers of the Python collection), not sure though if indeed that's the
case for manylinux2014.

Apart from that though, in general Python is compatible with a wide variety of
Platforms and operating systems. Are all those supported platforms compatible
with C11 or later?

RHEL7 is not (apart from using scl's) for example. If the standard changes that
will also render useless a number of buildbots for Python's later branches.

--
Regards,

Charalampos Stratakis
Software Engineer