Hi,

Would it be possible to announce new PEPs on python-dev please?

I don't go often to Discourse, like once a month. I don't get any
notification by email. I expected new PEPs to be announced on
python-dev, but they are not announced here anymore. Is it possible to
get Discourse notifications by email, but only for new PEPs? Using
mailing lists, it's easy: just select the mailing list that you would
like to subscribe to.

So I went to Discourse, I click on "New Topics" and I don't see any new PEP...

... But if I go manually to the PEP category, there are 2 new PEPs
proposed (PEP 678, PEP 687). In this category, if I click on the bell:
it says "You will be notified if someone mentions your @name or
replies to you". I can change this parameter to "You will be notified
of new topics in this category but not replies to the topics." I don't
recall if I changed this parameter manually, but it seems like the
choice to only be notified of new topics is a new (i don't think that
it existed 1 year ago). I don't recall that I opted in to not be
notified of new PEPs.

Now I see that Inada-san submitted the PEP 686 to the SC:
https://github.com/python/steering-council/issues/118

I didn't read the discussion about this PEP which interest me. I knew
that it exists because I saw related issues and pull requests about
this PEP, but I didn't go to the discussion because I don't have the
habit of visiting Discourse. I guess that it's my fault of not going
to Discourse often enough.

It's sometimes hard to keep track of everything happening around
Python development. The discussions are scattered between multiple
communication channels:

* Issues
* Pull requests
* python-dev
* python-committers
* (private) Discord
* Discourse
* (public) IRC #python-dev

Sometimes, I already confused by the same topic being discussed in two
different Discord rooms :-) It's also common that some people discuss
on the issue, and other people have a parallel discussion (about the
same topic) on the related pull request.

There are also Language Summit (sadly, I cannot attend it this year,
for the first time) and CPython core dev sprints. Sometimes, a
discussion happens on Twitter, but if it becomes serious, it moves to
the above communication channels, so it's fine.

I'm not going to https://python.zulipchat.com/ anymore, I guess that
it has been replaced with Discord.

Victor