On 27Sep2022 11:14, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> wrote:
Threading on the Python Discourse should now be working correctly. This is the
good work of Martin Brennan: https://meta.discourse.org/u/martin

I’m not sure what “working correctly” means. Do you have some examples on discuss.python.org where threading is used? Is this something that previous discussions get for free or only new replies? I’m not finding much information about this feature on the Discourse site.

The email side of Discourse now correctly sets the In-Reply-To and References headers, so that the email side discussions no longer appear "flat" and threads can be read in order. Example View of a recent thread from my mailer:

    28Sep2022 01:58 Stone Zhong via N  ┌>                        discuss-ideas
5.7K
    27Sep2022 19:21 Serhiy Storchak N  │┌>                       discuss-ideas
6.1K
    27Sep2022 19:16 Václav Brožík v N  ├>                        discuss-ideas
7.2K
    27Sep2022 18:57 Serhiy Storchak N ┌>                         discuss-ideas
6.1K
    27Sep2022 17:07 Stone Zhong via N [Py] [Ideas] Improve dqeue discuss-ideas
7.5K

(I sort my email a bit backwards.) This would have been a flat nontopologically ordered grouping a few days ago.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>