From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of "Martin v. Löwis"
Sent: 17. júní 2006 08:26
To: Scott Dial
Cc: Python Dev
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Python 2.4 extensions require VC 7.1?

Another reason is that I consider VS 2005 buggy, I hope that some
of the breakage that Microsoft has done to the C library is reverted
in a future release. VS2005 managed to break compatibility with
C89 and C99 in a way that made Python fail to start up, also, it
was possible to have the CRT abort just by calling the builtin open
with the wrong arguments. There is now a work-around for that breakage,
but still, I don't trust that VS 2005 is a good product.

I'm hoping that Python can skip VS 2005 entirely, and go straight
to VS 2007 (or whatever it will be called) for 2.6.