Phil Thompson schrieb:
>> And please be assured that no such obstacle is in the submitters way.
>> Most patches are accepted without the submitter actually reviewing any
>> other patches.
>
> I'm glad to hear it - but I'm talking about the perception, not the fact.
> When
> occasionally submitters ask if their patch is going to be included, they will
> usually get a response suggesting they review other patches. That will only
> strengthen the perception.

That's because those who get their patches accepted quickly never
complain. They are still the majority, though.

In case of Titus Brown (who complained in his blog), I found that all of
his 5 patches got integrated into Python, me committing four of them,
and Georg committing one. Response time was between 3 days and 16
months.

> This discussion started because the feeling was expressed that it was
> difficult to get patches accepted and that new core developers were not being
> found.  I would love to contribute more to the development of Python - I owe
> it a lot - but from where I stand (which is most definitely not where you
> stand) I can't see how to do that in a productive and rewarding way.

Not sure how long you have been contributing to free software: you will
find, over time, that it is rewarding to get changes accepted even if
the process takes several months. Patience is an important quality here.

Regards,
Martin