I started thinking about itertools when I saw this then I realised
that your question was about changing the syntax to produce fewer
lines of code rather than writing more effiicient code.. seemed like a
case where you could use ifilter.

//Martin

  are talking about cvhanging the syntax rQuoting Gustavo Carneiro