M.-A. Lemburg schrieb:
On 2008-06-11 13:35, Barry Warsaw wrote:
So I had planned to do a bunch of work last night looking at the release blocker issues, but nature intervened. A bunch of severe thunderstorms knock out my 'net access until this morning.

I'll try to find some time during the day to look at the RB issues. Hopefully we can get Guido to look at them too and Pronounce on some of them. Guido please start with:

http://bugs.python.org/issue643841

My plan is to begin building the betas tonight, at around 9 or 10pm EDT (0100 to 0200 UTC Thursday). If a showstopper comes up before then, I'll email the list. If you think we really aren't ready for beta, then I would still like to get a release out today. In that case, we'll call it alpha and delay the betas.

There are two things I'd like to get in to 3.0:

Another thing that should get in is the PEP 3138 implementation, that is,
the ascii() builtin and repr() changes.

Georg