On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Sebastien Loisel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Josiah Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>> language, I would ask you if logix
>> (http://www.livelogix.net/logix/intro.html) would suit you better.  It
>> seems to allow you to use arbitrary punctuation for operators.
>
> Thank you for the pointer. I have taken a look and it does look interesting,
> on first blush I would love to use that language. The main thing is that I
> worry about being out on the fringe, using a language that nobody uses, and
> which may get abandoned without warning (like Sun abandoned `self'), or be
> buggier just because people don't use it...

Have you considered OCaml? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocaml) It's
in reasonably broad use and is actively maintained, and it allows
user-defined infix operators.

A programming language can't be all things to all people.  That's why
there's room in the world for more than one.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
[EMAIL PROTECTED]