Sebastien Loisel wrote:
Greg Ewing said:
I would actually be in favour of adding a matrix multiplication
operator

That would be helpful to me, for my students as well as my papers.

Perhaps I'm nobody, but I think this would be ridiculous. Matrices are
not native objects to the language. There is no type(matrix). The notion
of what makes a Python object a matrix is a convention and to have
built-in operators dedicated to such objects makes no sense. There are
multiple ways to stuff matrices into Python. Please submit a PEP for a
type(matrix) first. Until a matrix is a first-order object in Python,
there is no logic to making operators for them.

-Scott

--
Scott Dial
[EMAIL PROTECTED]