Unfortunately PEP 8 never really took off naming-wise, so we're mostly following
the "reuse the naming scheme from existing code in the same module" rule, and I
think there lowercase wins, thanks to defaultdict.

Traditionally, the all lowercase name referred to a C type.  The other classes
in
collections are named Counter, UserDict, UserList, UserString, MutableMapping,
etc.
Besides, the lowercase/uppercase distinction helps us distinguish functions
from classes.
This is the way I've see every Python book do it since the dawn of time.

Raymond