Mark Hammond wrote:
Is that enough consensus for it to go in? If so, are there any core developers who could help me get it in before the 3.1 feature freeze? The patch should be in good shape; it has unit tests and updated documentation.

I've taken the liberty of explicitly CCing Martin just incase he missed the thread with all the noise regarding PEP383.

If there are no objections from Martin or anyone else here, please feel free to assign it to me (and mail if I haven't taken action by the day before the beta freeze...)

Mark: I've reviewed this and it looks okay to me. It passes all the tests on Windows and Linux. But if you could take a look at it before the release tomorrow, I'd appreciate it.

I feel good enough about it to check it in if no one else gets to it.

Eric.