Folks:

I really don't want to make anyone feel bad or to criticize, but I
should mention that I have no plans to use Python 3 or to support
Python 3.  My best guess at this time is that the current projects
that I'm involved in will still require Python 2 for the forseeable
future (let's say 5 years.  I can see 5 years into the future.), and
that as I start new projects I will probably try out interesting
alternative programming languages like Haskell, Newspeak [1],
Jacaranda [2], and other new things that appear in the coming years.

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind and start using and
supporting Python 3.  That might happen if there is some combination
of: 1. my users start asking for it (no-one has yet), 2. my
dependencies start providing it (I use Python because it has Twisted.
Twisted requires Python 2.), 3. it becomes more possible for me to
write code which is still Python-2-compatible and also is more and
more close to being Python-3-compatible.

By the way, one significant detail which makes Python 3 less
interesting to me is [3].  Those two languages that I mentioned --
Newspeak and Jacaranda -- both have object-capability nature.  If that
issue in [3] were fixed then Python 3 would join Python 2 as a
language that can (with the CapPython extension) have
object-capability nature.

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://bracha.org/Site/Newspeak.html
[2] http://jacaranda.org
[3]
http://lackingrhoticity.blogspot.com/2008/09/cappython-unbound-methods-and-python-30.html
---
Your cloud storage provider does not need access to your data.
Tahoe-LAFS -- http://allmydata.org