On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:14 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <mar...@v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
>
> Please use unified diffs in the future.

Duly noted.

> I'm -0 on this patch; it still has the negative, cautionary-patronizing
> tone ("Do not", "can be tricky", "be mindful"),

Thanks to yours and other feedback, I've tried to address this in a
newer version of the patch.

> as if readers are unable
> to grasp the description that they just read (and indeed, in the patch,
> you claim that readers *are* unable to understand how command lines
> work).

I don't think I made any statement quite that blunt; however, as the
c.l.p threads that drove me to write this patch show, there are indeed
some people who don't (correctly) understand the details of command
line tokenization.

Thanks for responding!

Cheers,
Chris