On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 19:37,  <s...@pobox.com> wrote:

>    Lennart> I would like if we could look into making a timezone module
>    Lennart> that works on Python 2.5 to 3.2 that uses system data...
>
> 2.5, 2.6 and 3.1 are completely off the radar screen at this point.  The
> best you could hope for is that someone backports whatever is created for
> 2.7 or 3.2 and distributes it outside the normal distribution channel (say,
> as a patch on PyPI).

My argument was that we should create a module distributed on PyPI,
and once that's stable, move it into stdlib. The suggestions in this
thread of moving things into stdlib has included a lot of new
features, and are as such not stable. I'm worrying that adding such a
thing to stdlib will do so in an unfinished state, and we'll just en
up with yet another state of semi-brokenness.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64