On 2010-05-23, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 5/22/2010 8:06 PM, Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
> > On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Brian Quinlan<br...@sweetapp.com>  wrote:
> >> Rename "executor" =>  "executer"
> >
> > -1 for consistency with Java.
>
> -10 for 'executer'. As far as I can find out, it is a misspelling of
> 'executor'. If the designers of some other language made a stupid
> mistake, let them correct it instead of us following them over a cliff.

I'd suggested this because it seemed obvious to me, but clearly not.
Compare:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/executor
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/executer

However, as I mentioned in the first place I didn't expect any change of
this since Java uses the first spelling.

[snip]

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy