On 21/06/2010 22:36, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
Bill listed several other failures he saw on the buildbots and I see the
same set, plus test_posix.

Still, the question would be whether any of these failures can manage to block a release. Are they regressions from 2.6?

The test_posix failure is a regression from 2.6 (but it only shows up on some machines - it is caused by a fairly braindead implementation of a couple of posix apis by Apple apparently).

    http://bugs.python.org/issue7900

There are various patches available and a lot of work that has gone into diagnosing it - but there was some disagreement on what is the *best* way to fix it.

Two of the other failures I'm pretty sure are problems in the test suite rather than bugs (as Bill said) and I'm not sure about the ctypes issue. Just starting a full build here.

Michael
That would make them good candidates for release blockers. Except that I still would like to see commitment from somebody to fix them or else they can't block the release: if "we" don't mean that supporting a platform also means volunteering to fix bugs, then I guess "we" should stop declaring the platform supported. Just wishing that it was supported actually doesn't make it so.

If the test failure *isn't* a regression, I think it shouldn't block the release.

Regards,
Martin

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of
your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any
and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap,
clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and
acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without
prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you
have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your
employer.