Benjamin Peterson writes:
 > 2010/7/7 Stephen J. Turnbull <step...@xemacs.org>:
 > > Antoine Pitrou writes:
 > >
 > >  > >   http://selenic.com/hg/file/tip/mercurial/minirst.py
 > >  >
 > >  > Given that Mercurial is GPL, this is probably of no use to us,
 > >  > unfortunately.
 > >
 > > Given that Martin apparently is the only or main author, I don't see a
 > > problem as long as he's willing.
 >
 > And he hasn't assigned the copyright away.

(Or that the assignment has an automatic author-use-ok clause like the
standard FSF assignment does, etc.)

Just ask Martin, there are too many possibilities here to worry about.
If maybe we want it, and he is willing to contribute the parts he
wrote to Python under Python's license, then we can worry about
whether we really want it and about how much any required hoop-jumping
will cost.