Hello.

   We'are sorry but we cannot help you. This mailing list is to work on
developing Python (fixing bugs and adding new features to Python itself); if
you're having problems using Python, please find another forum. Probably
python-list (comp.lang.python) news group/mailing list is the best place.
See http://www.python.org/community/ for other lists/news groups/fora.
Thank you for understanding.

   Regarding SIGKILL - read "man kill" carefully. Or better yet, a Unix
programmer guide.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:11:10PM -0400, Scott McCarty wrote:
> All, I have searched everywhere (mostly the code and a little google) and I
> cannot understand where the SIGKILL signal gets checked when it is set as a
> handler. I have scoured the Modules/signalmodule.c only to find two
> instances of the RuntimeError exception, but I cannot understand how python
> knows when a handler is set for SIGKILL. I understand that this changed in
> 2.4 and I am not trying to change it, I just really want to understand where
> this happens. I used grep to find SIGKILL and SIGTERM to see if I could
> determine where the critical difference is, but I cannot figure it out.
>
> I have about 2 hours of searching around and I can't figure it out, I assume
> it has to rely on some default behaviour in Unix, but I have no idea. I
> don't see a difference between SIGKILL and SIGTERM in the python code, but
> obviously there is some difference. I understand what the difference is in
> Unix/Linux, I just want to see it in the python code. Since python is
> checking at run time to see what signals handlers are added, I know there
> must be a difference.
>
> Please  can someone just point me in the right direction.

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytman            http://phd.pp.ru/            p...@phd.pp.ru