On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:18:39 am Tim Peters wrote:
> Yikes - Mark has done terrific work in some very demanding areas, &
> I'd hate to see him feel unwelcome.  So that's my advice:  find a
> way to smooth this over.  You're welcome ;-)

I'd like to second that. Mark has been pushy, annoying and demanding,
although he has his bad points too *grins*.

Seriously, Mark has brought a remarkable amount of energy to the
tracker, for good and bad. The good shouldn't give him a Get Out Of
Jail Free card forever, but in the absence of any knowledge of what
lead to Mark's tracker privileges being revoked, I have no objections
in principle to giving him a second chance if the devs decide that is
acceptable and Mark is willing. (Not that my objections carry much
weight.)

Either way, I would like to publicly thank Mark for his efforts and
wish him the best for the future.

[...]
> Have to confess I can't see what's offensive in what Guido wrote
> there.  If you're inclined to feel offended, how about going back
> to Guido's:
>
>     Which to me sounds defiant and passive-aggressive. I don't
>     want to go into analyzing, but I expect that Mark has issues
>     that are beyond what this community can deal with.
>
> Even I felt a bit offended by that one ;-)

I don't see why. Mark's emails often do sound defiant and
passive-aggressive. Is that something we're supposed to ignore? And
as for issues, Mark himself has explicitly and publicly mentioned
them on this very list, and we *can't* deal with them. Nor should we
be expected to.

Mark has done good work, dealing with many issues in the tracker
during a remarkably short time. But he's also managed to annoy and
upset a number of people in a remarkably short time too. The long
term health of Python depends more on the community than the
existence of a few bugs more or less.

--
Steven D'Aprano