On 10/18/2010 08:53 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
Hi,

Seven months after my first commit related to this issue, the full test suite
of Python 3.2 pass with ASCII, ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 locale encodings in a non-
ascii source directory. It means that Python 3.2 now process correctly
filenames in all modules, build scripts and other utilities, with any locale
encoding.

[...]

Congratulations Victor,  From what I saw it looked like it was a lot of work.

I don't suppose you could take a look at this issue also?

           http://bugs.python.org/issue9319

(If not, maybe someone else can.)

When pydoc uses imp to search for modules it runs across a test file with a bad BOM. Which then causes a segfault.

r...@gutsy:~/svn/py3k$ ./python
Python 3.2a3+ (py3k:85719, Oct 18 2010, 22:32:47)
[GCC 4.4.3] on linux2
>>> help('modules ""')

Here is a list of matching modules.  Enter any module name to get more help.

Segmentation fault

Or more directly...

>>> import imp
>>> imp.find_module('test/badsyntax_pep3120')
Segmentation fault

I believe it should issue a SyntaxError instead.

Thanks,
   Ron Adam