Whoops, pressed send too soon. This should've followed my previous email:

Unscientifically judging by the rate of people who used to have vague
problems that turned out to be Arch-related, I don't really think
anyone feels they're being told to "get lost". People ask a question
about it, which is great: answering that issue in the detail it
deserves (as you've mentioned), which is something we can't do in the
/topic but *can* do in the channel itself, takes a lot less time for
everyone and leads to the correct answer (such as "tell the package
maintainer") faster.

As soon as this dies down and it stops being an issue, we're obviously
taking it down.

cheers
lvh