On 12/21/2010 4:17 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
Glenn Linderman wants (actual, expected) and diffing to follow that

If you say that is what I said, fine. I might not have understood the example well enough to say the right thing. I liked Nick's explanation, using the actual and expected words in his example, but

-expected
+actual
-old
+new

is what I would expect in the diff. I didn't say anything about the parameters, I don't care, except that the documentation leads me to use it correctly, so that I get the above diff results.

Sadly, if the diff results are not as above, I would probably misuse the parameters to achieve it, unless doing something for which the standard is to do it "backwards".