On 12/24/2010 11:09 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
On 22/12/2010 02:26, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 12/21/2010 7:17 AM, Michael Foord wrote:

My first priority is that doc and code match.
Close second is consistency (hence, ease of learning and use) between
various AssertXs.

Symmetrical diffs (element in first not in second, element in second not
in first) solves the problem without imposing an order on the arguments.

Where applicable, I prefer this as unambiguous output headings.

Could you explain what you mean?

I was referring back to an output example symmetric diff that was clipped somewhere along the way:

In x not in y:
In y not in x:

rather than just using -,+ prefixes which are not necessarily self-explanatory. 'Not applicable' would refer to output from difflib which necessarily is ordered.

--
Terry Jan Reedy