On 1/19/2011 1:25 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:10,<s...@pobox.com>  wrote:

    Antoine>  Ok, thank you but... are you suggesting something or not?

Yes.  Keep the vcs command recommendations simple.  At least mention idioms
which likely to apply across a wider range of version control systems.

I was hoping this would flame out, but two days of discussion suggests
otherwise.

I am of the opinion of always listing how to use the CVS to its
fullest. It is the thing you will have to interact with the most when
doing work on Python, so trying to avoid it is not doing anyone any
favours.

That being said, I am not opposed to someone (other than me as I am
not going to bother) **adding** a not about `patch -R`, but it should
not replace the `svn revert` explanation.

As a neophyte vcs user, I like specific commands that can only do what I want, and not screw up with a wrong flag, so I agree with this.

The most important thing is being clear about which data will have which effect on which other data.

--
Terry Jan Reedy