On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 01:54:37 +1100
Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:

> You'll have to ask Skip if he thinks there's a concrete problem. I
> haven't seen one, but I've only been reading this thread with one eye
> and it may be I've missed the mother of all problems.
>
> The (non-concrete) issue, as I understand it, is simple: be aware that
> not all Python developers are necessarily expert in DVCSes, and please
> keep it simple.

Well "svn revert" is one of the basic SVN commands (that I personally
use far more often than "patch -R", but YMMV). We're not talking about
some advanced use of Mercurial queues. The point is a bit subtler here
though: if you use "patch -R" after you have done some changes of your
own, the checkout will not be restored to its pristine state, which
may bite you later. "svn revert -R ." ensures everything is clean.

Arguably, even "patch" isn't familiar to Windows developers. It doesn't
come bundled and has to be installed separately, and I've seen some
people use the TortoiseSVN GUI for applying patches.

Regards

Antoine.