On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:

> 'x.y' is known to be ambiguous and confusing.

Not really.

x.y seems to be saying it is a milestone (major release) and we all
have got used to that convention.

> In most actual usages, I believe, it refers to the latest x.y.z release. On

While I agree with all these points, I feel calling the release itself
as x.y.0 may be distracting the convention which is being followed so
far.
So, it is -1 from me.

In the mailing list we can say that use the 'latest' of python 2.x
version or 'latest' of python 3.x version and on the web-pages,
pointers can be properly set to the correct version.

--
Senthil