On 2/16/2011 5:39 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Barry Warsaw<ba...@python.org>  wrote:
On Feb 16, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:

I would like the next release called 3.2.0 rather than just 3.2.

+1

(I'd have said +0 for the humor of it :).

+0

I actually *am* only +0, since I like the idea in principle, but it is
Georg, Ronald and Martin that would need to do the work, and I'm not
sure it's a great idea to be messing with it a couple of days out from
the release. So it may be better to do this for 3.3.0, rather than
3.2.0.

My immediate suggestion is predicated on the assumption that it would be easy and safe to change '3.2rc2' in the various places it appears to '3.2.0' instead of '3.2'. If that is not true, then my suggestion is that after 3.2 is released, that trunk be regarded as 3.3.0a0 rather than 3.3a0 as soon as it make any difference anywhere.

--
Terry Jan Reedy