Would it be reasonable to begin supporting Visual Studio 2010 for Windows
builds of 3.3? I now have a personal interest in this happening for some
stuff at work, and there's been a lot of questions in the last few months
about when we'll support it coming from python-list, #python-dev, and in
person at PyCon.

I wasn't around for the transition from 2005 to 2008, but I see we have a
few sub-folders in PC/ for previous versions, so apparently we may support
multiple versions at one time. Does it make sense to start this process now
for a change to 2010?

If it's not feasible to release 3.3 from a 2010 build, when might we be able
to make the change? Keep in mind the 3.3 final release is almost a year and
a half away, and we already know that Microsoft is likely to pull the cord
on VS2008 Express at some point now that 2010 has been out for a while.

I'm willing to do the work on this, but I just want to make sure it's a
worthwhile effort.