On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 23:40:33 +0200
"Martin v. Löwis" <mar...@v.loewis.de> wrote:
> - users have expressed concerns that they constantly need to upgrade
>   VS releases when developing for Python.

Isn't that kind of a misguided argument? It's not Python who decides the
lifecycle of MSVC releases, it's Microsoft. We can't be blamed for the
churn.

If getting old (Microsoft-unsupported) MSVC releases is difficult, then
I think switching to the newest MSVC as soon as possible is the best
strategy, since it minimizes the annoyance for people wanting to build
extensions several years after a release is made.

Regards

Antoine.