Glenn Linderman wrote:
  On 7/20/2011 7:19 AM, Vinay Sajip wrote:
It's not py's job to walk the path: the shell does that when you just type
"foo". It locates foo.py, and then invokes py because of file association - py
then checks the file for a shebang to decide which Python to dispatch it to.

Certainly when the launcher is invoked via an association, this would be the case. However, when the launcher is invoked via the command line, then the unqualified name is passed through. To be useful from the command line, the launcher should walk the PATH to find the .py file.

I would say that would be a cool enhancement, as it could save a bit of typing, but I think the launcher is quite useful even without path traversal.

~Ethan~