On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 19:39 +0100, Xavier Morel wrote:
> On 2011-12-09, at 19:15 , Bill Janssen wrote:
> > I use ElementTree for parsing valid XML, but minidom for producing it.
> Could you expand on your reasons to use minidom for producing XML?

To throw my 2c in here:

I personally normally use minidom for manipulating (x)html data (through
html5lib), and for writing XML.

I think it's primarily because DOM:

a) matches the way I think about XML documents.

b) Provides the same API as I use in other languages. (FWIW, I do a lot
of DOM manipulation in javascript)

c) "Feels" (to me) more similar to other formats I work with.

All three may be because I haven't spent enough time with ElementTree -
again I've found the documentation lacking.

Tim