Stefan, thank you for the massive rewrite.

On 2/26/2012 11:21 AM, Paul Moore wrote:
On 26 February 2012 13:41, Antoine Pitrou<solip...@pitrou.net>  wrote:
We have several options with regard to 2.7 and 3.2:

   1) Won't fix.

Given the extent of the rewrite, this one has my preference.

+1 (although I'd word it as "fixed in 3.3" rather than "won't fix").

I agree with 3.3 only. My suggestion: when you close the issues, change Versions to 3.3 and Resolution to 'fixed'. On the main issue, change Type to 'enhancement'. Add a message to others saying something like

"This was fixed for 3.3 in #xxxxx by rewriting and enhancing memoryview. The new version was not backported because it would either add new features, which is forbidden for bugfix releases, or would require substantial work to try to disable them without introducing bugs, without a guarantee that that would work"

--
Terry Jan Reedy