Nick Coghlan wrote:

Armin's straw poll was actually about whether or not people used the
future import for division, rather than unicode literals. It is indeed
the same problem

There are differences, though. Personally I'm very glad of the
division import -- it's the only thing that keeps me sane when
using floats. The alternative is not only butt-ugly but imposes
an annoying performance penalty. I don't mind occasionally
needing to glance at the top of a module in order to get the
benefits.

On the other hand, it's not much of a burden to put 'u' in
front of string literals, and there is no performance difference.

--
Greg