On 3/13/2012 9:58 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:

Given that we already repeat it, isn't it better to be consistent?

But there is no repetition currently on Windows installations.
I though you were just proposing to switch lib (lower-cased, and scripts
renamed as bin, and pythonxx). So I do not think I yet understand what
the proposal is and how it would be different from what I have now.

Aaah, I was looking at my local installations, which happen to be "nt-user". Looking at the system installation ("nt") I see that there is no repetition.

I am fine with keeping the distinction between base installs (no py_version) and user installs (including a py_version). I would just suggest that when you have a py_version, it be the same py_version (not dots sometimes, nodot other times).

It also begs the question as to whether the py_version is *ever* needed.

Thanks,
Van