Hi Mark,

On 03/16/2012 05:53 PM, Mark Hammond wrote:
> * All executables and scripts go into the root of the Python install.
> This directory is largely empty now - it is mainly a container for other
> directories.  This would solve the problem of needing 2 directories on
> the PATH and mean existing tools which locate the executable would work
> fine.

I hate to seem like I'm piling on now after panning your last brainstorm
:-), but... this would be quite problematic for virtualenv users, many
of whom do rely on the fact that the virtualenv "stuff" is confined to
within a limited set of known subdirectories, and they can overlay a
virtualenv and their own project code with just a few virtualenv
directories vcs-ignored.

I would prefer either the status quo or the proposed cross-platform
harmonization.

Carl