On 20/03/2012 14:08, VanL wrote:
On 3/20/2012 5:48 AM, Mark Hammond wrote:
While I'm still unclear on the actual benefits of this, Martin's
approach strikes a reasonable compromise so I withdraw my objections.

Ok. I was out of town and so could not respond to most of the latest
discussion.

A question for you Mark, Paul, (and anyone else): Éric correctly points
out that there are actually two distinct changes proposed here:

1. Moving the Python binary
2. Changing from "Scripts" to "bin"

So far, the primary resistance seems to be to item #1 - moving the
python binary. There have been a few people who have noted that #2 will
require some code to change (i.e. Paul), but I don't see lots of
resistance.

Speaking for myself, I think that's true. At present I tend to
add /scripts to my path and I can just as easily add /bin (for
whatever version I'm running most often on that machine).

TJG