On 3/21/2012 9:44 AM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
21.03.12 03:58, Ned Batchelder написав(ла):
Books, magazines, and newspapers look good with full justification, web
pages do not. Can we switch to left-justified instead?

You can add line

p {text-align: left !important}

to your browser custom stylesheet.

If you are using Firefox or Chrome (Chromium), for them there are extensions (Stylish) that allow to apply the style to the particular site.

Any of the tweaks people are suggesting could be applied individually using this technique. We could just as easily choose to make the site left-justified, and let the full-justification fans use custom stylesheets to get it.

The challenge for the maintainer of the docs site is to choose a good design that most people will see. We're bound to disagree on what that design should be, and I suggest that probably none of us are designer enough to come up with the best one. Perhaps we could find an interested designer to help?

--Ned.