On 7 May 2012 21:55, "Martin v. Löwis" <mar...@v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> This sounds to me like a level of complexity unwarranted by the severity
>> of the problem, especially when considering the additional burden it
>> imposes on alternative Python implementations.
>

> OTOH, it *significantly* reduces the burden on Python end users, for
> whom creation of a venv under a privileged account is a significant
> hassle.

Personally, I would find a venv which required being run as an admin
account to be essentially unusable on Windows (particularly Windows 7,
where this means creating venvs in an "elevated" console window).

Allowing for symlinks as an option is fine, I guess, but I'd be -1 on
it being the default.

Paul.