On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <m...@egenix.com> wrote:
>> On 17.02.2013 11:11, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> I'm not against modernizing the format, but given that version 1.2
>> has been out for around 8 years now, without much following,
>> I think we need to make the implementation bit a requirement
>> before accepting the PEP.
>
> It is being implemented in distlib, and the (short!) appendix to the
> PEP itself shows how to read the format using the standard library's
> email module.

Maybe this is already stated somewhere, but is there a plan for when
distlib will be brought into the repository?  Is there a reason not to
do it now?  It seems it would have more visibility that way (e.g.
people could see it as part of the development version of the online
docs and it would be in check-ins as are PEP edits), and its status
relative to Python would be clearer.

--Chris