Hi,

I have raise a tracker item and PEP for adding a statistics module to the
standard library:

http://bugs.python.org/issue18606

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0450/

and I'm about to submit a patch containing my updated code and tests, but I've
run into a problem with testing. My existing tests use unittest, and follow the
basic boilerplate documented here:

http://docs.python.org/3/library/test.html

and when run directly they pass, but when I try to run them using Python 3.4a
-m test -j3 they break. My question is, is it acceptable to post the code and
tests to the tracker as-is, and ask for a pronouncement on the PEP first, and
then fix the test breakage later? If not, can somebody mentor me in
understanding what I need to do here?

To avoid all doubt, the tests pass if I call them like this:

./python Lib/test/test_statistics.py

but raise errors when I call them like this:

./python -m test -j3

Thanks in advance,

--
Steven